(Well, again, 8 months and some days).
It's hard work in that 90 minute rush in the evening to remember to find a playing card with an eight on it, get the baby to sit still for a minute, find the camera, get the baby to look at the camera, etc etc etc.
Our data points for the month?
- Robbie has learned how to get from the sitting position to the crawling position. Therefore Mom and Dad can no longer sit him somewhere when they need a couple minutes to get something finished.
- Our little buddy is quite...shall we say... spirited. He is active. Moving. Talking. (well, non-sensical babbling mixed with shreiking). All boy. We're in for some fun. And some exhaustion.
- His favorite toys at home, school, etc are the ones that make noise. He's discovered that thinks make lots of noise when you clunk them against each other... against the floor... against his car seat... you get the deal.
- But the best toy of all? The free one. A red plastic cup from Wild Wing Cafe. He pushes it around the room for hours at a time.
- The Johnny Jump Up? Best. $20. Investment. Ever.
- He basically eats any food we give him, baby or otherwise. He doesn't like eggs. He does like gyros. Including the onion, tomato and feta and tzatziki. The activity of the last few weeks is working on feeding himself. Sometimes it works. Othertimes not so much. A video to prove it. Tonight? Blueberries.
- Daisy and Robbie are best buddies.... we are so lucky. Daisy's starting to discover that dinner time means extra snacks. We had forgotten about her neuroses about blueberries though. As a follow on to the previous video, see Daisy's take on blueberries.
Eight is Great! Trying to take photos of a baby holding a playing card is not.