Wednesday, March 16, 2011

OWW: The Ring Test

...Or needle test...

A fan favorite for gender prediction. This is the socially appropriate alternative to "dowsing"... a Vermont tradition my friend BDoli taught me about yesterday...

(I bet you just googled dowsing, didn't you)

ANYWAYS.

The ring test.

The only gender predicting Old Wives Tale I had actually heard about before getting pregnant.

The process: take a pin, needle or wedding ring and attach it to a strand of hair or string. Hold over mom's baby. Pendulum movement = boy; circular motion = girl.

Well. I don't sew.

No thread in the house.

So I'm amending "attach it to a strand of hair or string", to "attach to some minty fresh dental floss that you tell your dentist you use every day, but that you had to dig through your travel bag from your last business trip to find."

And voila.

Add the ring test to the statistics. Apparently 4 out of 5 dental professionals think this baby is going to be a boy.

1 comment: