Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Third Trimester's The Charm?

The good news?  Today I am officially in the 3rd trimester.  28 weeks pregnant.  Only 12 weeks to go.

The bad news?  My pregnancy is starting to take a turn for the "not easy"

I think I mentioned that I was scheduled for another ultrasound today to check on the previa.

The good news?  The previa is moving, and I should be off travel and other restrictions.

More bad news?   I'm not.

While Baby E looks good, my blood pressure was up almost 40 points over just a week ago.  While it probably (hopefully) is just the heat and the fact that I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection, the doctor wasn't happy.  I didn't have proteins in my sample, so pre-eclampsia should be out, but the doctor wants to be cautious.

I therefore had to leave some blood for testing for liver and other functions and those results will be back Friday.

Chant it with me:  I will avoid bed rest.  I will avoid bed rest.

And the cherry on the sundae?  While Baby is measuring right on time (even a little below average size), my ute is not.

It's in fact measuring 36 weeks.

WebMD can't even diagnose that one.

I may just have a big ol' ute for a big ol' baby to grow into.

I may have developed fibroids during pregnancy.

I may be 52 weeks pregnant before this baby is born.

Who knows? 

But what it does mean is that I'm now scheduled for either weekly or bi-weekly appointments, including ultrasounds for the rest of this pregnancy.

Hold off Baby E.  We aren't ready to meet you yet.

But thanks for the new pictures?

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! And you too Baby Edwards! You both have lots of support from everyone around you. we love you and think the world of you.

    ReplyDelete