Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Alone

Yesterday after getting home from work a little bit early, Shawn decided to pack up the baby and the dog and take a quick walk before dinner.

The door closed behind them and I realized that I can't remember another time in the last almost 8 months that I have been alone in my house.

Eight months is too long for a person who needs alone time to not be alone in their house.

So beginning yesterday and for the foreseeable future, it's now a tradition.  Baby, Dad, Dog, 20 minute walk.

I can't say I did anything glamorous when they were gone.  I started dinner.  Emptied some trash cans.  Washed the bottles from daycare.  Made the bottles and food for the next day. 

But I did it. 

Alone in our house.

I can't guarantee that tomorrow's 20 minutes won't be spent catching up on Khloe or Bethanny on the DVR, but we'll take it as it comes.

What happens when you say to Daisy, "You want to take a walk with baby?"

This.


1 comment: