Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tough

We had a tough day yesterday.

Bestlaid plans to not find out gender (but keep it in an envelope sealed just in case) were waylaid by a day that ranks in the top 5 crappy ones in our marriage.

We live in a transitional neighborhood, and have, in general, had a great experience.  We have nice neighbors, have developed new friends in the neighborhood, and up until this point we have avoided any trouble.

Fast forward to coming home from work yesterday to our master bedroom comforter on the back lawn by our parking pad, and a window wide open.

All electronics gone.

Even more devastating, all electronic copies of baby pictures gone.

All of them.

Thanks to some jerks who decided our house looked nice and ripe.

They rifled through everything. 

Emptied drawers and baskets and tables and everything possible all over the floor.

Went through the baby's diaper bag.

A crappy day overall.

So we opened the envelope.  So sue us.

But now our excitement is all mixed up in our crappy day.  And now I wish I could separate out the feelings.  Too late now.

Last night I was moving on adrenaline, and about halfway through the day at work today I utterly and completely lost it.  I was pissed I was searching for our laptops and tvs on cr @igs list, hoping some idiot decided to turn around and sell them.  It was a mess.  I was a mess.

All I want is the damn memory card from our digital camera.  They can have the rest.

And oh yea, peace of mind.  Can I have that back too?

Menacing baby is menacing.

1 comment:

  1. I lost all my pictures I ever took on my computer a couple months ago. Nothing can replace them, but if you have lovely friends they can give you HD copies of all the pictures they've taken of you guys. I'm trying to get that request in for my birthday :)

    We lost all the pictures of Dan and I's first couple years together, Ireland together, europe trips, my grand parents everything. Now I have an account that is online storage in case this happens again.

    I'm so sorry Susann. It makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete