Sunday, October 26, 2014

Seven year itch

This blog is usually about the kids.  Hate to admit but they almost always are more interesting than the "grownups" but occasionally it useful to provide some context.


On October 27th, 2007, I made the best decision of my life and married my best friend.


We have had an amazing seven years highlighted by the birth of two healthy, beautiful and smart, like their Mother, kids.  While they are the highlight there has been so much more and if I have a vote (I do) we are just getting started. 


Before Susann and I got married someone told me, "There is nothing like marrying the right woman and there is nothing like marrying the wrong one."  I knew then and I know now I married the right one and my friend could not have been more right.  Whatever the challenges (there have been many) she is there with me and whatever the triumphs (there have been many) she is there by my side.  Susann and I were blessed with two amazing sets of parents that showed both of us how a marriage is supposed to work - it ain't always pretty but you find a way and if you can't your spouse will.


If there is such a thing as the seven year itch I now can say I know how to scratch it - marry a great person who you love and can see yourself loving for the rest of your life.  I have that in my wife -  - and I thank God everyday for her.


I love you Sweetheart. 


Happy Anniversary and here is to 50 (at least) more.

No comments:

Post a Comment