Sunday, June 21, 2015

Reflection's on Father's Day

It has been a great day - Susann and kids have put on quite the show.  To say I am thankful does not begin to describe how I feel about the incredible favor the Almighty has shown me.


Not only have I been blessed with a beautiful and amazing wife but also 2, soon to be 3, amazing children that are the joy of my life.


I can not help but think of my Father on this day.  Lacy Edwards was a good man.  He showed me everyday that he was willing to sacrifice for me and the rest of his family.  He showed me what it took to be strong for your family when we faced challenges.  While there were times we disagreed I never once doubted that he loved me and that he had my best interest in mind.  I led a somewhat sheltered life and did not really learn that everybody did not have that growing up until I went to college.  I feel for those who never new there father.  I would be remiss if I did not admit that we kids did our part to make sure that we did not make it easy -  I look forward to my kids teenage years with some trepidation.  I can never repay my Father for all he did for me - all I can do is try to be a good Father to R, AH and TBD.  I have zero doubt that is exactly what my Father would want.


We are going to have a very busy July with a house move and a new baby.  After all that I still hope I have my good Dad rep.  We shall see. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment