Monday, March 21, 2011

Last Visit to Shady Grove?

Today I went by Shady Grove before work... a trip I've been avoiding for about 10 weeks now.

I had to drop off my Sharps container so they could empty all the needles as medical waste, and I donated a couple of shots that I purchased and never ended up needing in the process.

Why did I wait? I don't know.

Did I think I'd need those shots again sooner than I expected? That this may not all work out?

It's hard to believe that just four months ago, I went to the office almost every morning before work. Sometimes to get blood drawn, sometimes for an ultrasound... always walking into a crowded waiting room full of 20, 30 and 40-somethings all there for the same reason.

In the waiting room no one talks. So you have little do to while waiting besides playing "create a story". You can usually spot the 1st and 2nd time visitors. They haven't figured out the "routine" yet.

You can see the repeaters, just hoping this is their chance.

I was lucky. We are lucky.

We're lucky to live in a city where places like Shady Grove are even an option.

We're lucky to have health insurance that covers part of fertility treatments, even if it is a small amount.

We're lucky to have a "success" story to share with quite a bit of people who are in the same situation.

I hope whoever gets my donated shots is so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Just read through all of the blogs and to say that ya'll have been on a wild ride would be an understatement. This will make the trip that much more satisfying! I love ya'll and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete