Monday, June 20, 2011

Weight and See

Today one of our psuedo-colleagues cornered me at the elevator and has the audacity to ask me how much weight I had gained during this pregnancy.

I wanted to punch her in the face.

First:  Who asks that?

Second:  The answer? None.

Not an iota.

I've actually dropped 30+ lbs. 

Not on purpose.  But it certainly puts into perspective how many calories were in those margaritas I was enjoying every Sunday.  And sometimes Saturday.

It's actually kind of a sticky issue during this pregnancy. 

I've been eating.  A lot.  I could have sworn that at my last appointment I would have gained back 7-8 pounds of what I had lost.  Nope.

Just making better choices because I'm eating for two?

And now I'm getting nagged at the doctor every visit.  I know there are worse problems to have than being told by the doctor to eat another 500 calories a day, but it worries me some. I'm under strict doctor's orders to eat more, whether I can or not. I'm worried the baby is measuring small when my ute is measuring 15 months pregnant.

But I literally cannot eat more.  I get full in 5 minutes.

I have 3rd trimester morning sickness.

So yesterday we broke out a whole cheesecake.

Here's to gaining?

No comments:

Post a Comment