Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birthday Bedrest: Part 2

It's official.

It definitely stinks to be on bedrest for your birthday.

I love my birthday.  More than any adult should. 

The birthday-- the only day of the year that is just about you.  The secret narcissist in me was hoping that Baby E wouldn't make his appearance today.  You know, because it isn't fair to HIM to share a birthday with his Mom.

Shawn threw my suitcase in the car this morning, just to go with the thought that if you build it, he won't come.

I had my next-to-last doctor's appointment today, so at least I was able to get out of the house for awhile.  And awhile turned out to be much longer than expected when Dr. J said... "You've got a large baby in there.  We need to make sure we aren't dealing with a 10-pounder."

Say WHAT?


10 pounds is a lot of baby. Especially for a baby that has consistently been measuring a little bit behind. And oh, by the way, he has NO interest in coming out, so he's going to need a little medical help to do so.


The good news?  My blood pressure was back to normal, as were my liver enzymes.

So my 15 minute doctor's appointment turned into a return trip back this afternoon for a final ultrasound to check on sizing. 

And whew.  Baby E is measuring a couple ounces above 8 pounds (give or take).  If he was over 9, my scheduled induction was most likely to turn into a scheduled ultrasound for next Thursday.

So after 5 hours out of bedrest, the rest of my evening grand plans became not so grand.  A Subway tuna sub for dinner, and a piece of red velvet cake Shawn brought home. 

I'm so fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment