Sunday, September 4, 2011

Every once in awhile it is that good

Susann and I work in a city and a profession that can be given to overstatement.


Having said that having my parents and my sister in town this weekend was awesome.  Seeing my Mother and Father hold their grandchild for this first time was amazing and watching Paula change a dirty diaper was breathtaking - how is that for hyperbole?

As everyone reading this blog knows my Mom has been waiting for a grandchild for somewhat longer than she anticipated.  Both of my parents were very happy to meet Robbie but my Mom was over the moon.  There were times over the last several days that I had to peel Robbie out of his Grandmother's arms.

Dad did great even though I am sure he would happy if he never had to climb anymore stairs and Paula was a champ - helping at every turn while having to sleep on the pull out sofa with not one word of complaint.

Of course in true Edwards' fashion we had a challenge while we had Mom and Dad and Paula in town - the AC went out - but other than that the weekend was one I will never forget.  I am no longer the apple of my Mother's eye and believe it or not I am just fine with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment