Monday, September 5, 2011

More Visitors... and an Update on Mom

Robbie has had tons of visitors for his 2 weeks of life.  I think it is fair to say that more people have come to our house in the last 10 days than have been here in the five years we've lived here.


I had a wonderful surprise when my friend MCB traveled up with her family to meet Robbie.  They had planned to come when we were in the hospital but they were thwarted by my early delivery, the earthquake and hurricane... so decided to make a family weekend out of it for Labor Day.  While I'm no use right now in being out and about as a city tourguide, I was relieved and thankful to make a trip outside the house last night to meet the family for dinner.  MCB is one of my Greenville girls that have been through every step of this pregnancy with me, and to be able to have she and Robbie meet in person was wonderful.

The Hipps, however, win the award for longest travel to meet Baby Edwards.

They've returned from 9 months in Singapore to get their lives in order before they head back for another couple years.  They came over today with Lisa and some barbeque, and we all had a great time.


And yesterday, Steve, Linda and kids joined us for breakfast before the Edwards got on the road back to Marion.  Our boys are only three months apart, and the guys are already angling to have them in the Citadel class of 2032 (Kilo company!)

It's been a full two weeks, and time to get started on living our new normal.

As for me?  I'm actually feeling the worst I've felt since the day after the c-section.  I don't know if I popped a stitch or haven't been taking my medicine enough (or if I've been over doing it)... but I feel really really uncomfortable.  To the point that I thought about calling the doctor. 

But my appt is in a couple days, I'm not running a fever, and nothing looks infected... so until something starts falling out of my gut, I'll wait until then.  I'm having a tough time remembering that I did have major abdominal surgery. 

Otherwise, we're looking forward to getting into a routine in the next couple weeks.  This baby-parenting thing is HARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment