Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Exploring Our City

In my goal to not be homebound, Robbie and I went on a few adventures last week to explore DC.  More appropriately, we needed to get out of the house, and we needed to take a walk! 


 Thursday we took a walk on the Mall and visited the butterfly gardens (thank goodness no butterflies were out... the thought kind of creeps me out), the sculpture gardens, and the American History Museum (to visit the ruby red slippers for Aunt Emilie).  I discovered that while there aren't many people out with tiny babies, toddlers are EVERYWHERE. 

Friday, I needed to get rid of the four cupcakes I ate last week, so we parked at Haines Point and walked down to the Jefferson Memorial.  The affects of the hurricane are still in full force... all the sidewalks are closed down near the Potomac and around the Tidal Basin because of flooding.  We did a little off-roading with the stroller (and with Daisy), and I think we survived.


I did discover something I didn't know about DC-- did you know there's a George Mason Memorial?  It's quite beautiful and was completely empty.

I hope we have some true Fall weather before it gets any colder so we can continue outside adventures.  DC is full of free ones!  Next stop is the new MLK Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment