Sunday, October 2, 2011

Every once in a while

I have to remind myself that the family Edwards lives in one of the most beautiful cities in the world - not just because of the stunning monuments and buildings located here but also for the great achievements & institutions those buildings and monuments represent.
Today Susann and I split up.  Susann and Aunt Angela went to get pedicures and I was told to "go do something with Robbie for and hour".  Well that something was a nice walk around the Capitol.  Some Americans were there but it seemed they were greatly outnumbered by foreigners.  It is difficult to say this but it seemed that those who were not Americans held the building and what it stands for in far greater esteem than those who were born here.  I found and find that to be unacceptable.

I can't promise that our son will be "Captain America" but I will promise you this - he will be raised to respect and admire the institutions of government that we have been blessed with - not necessarily the people who hold office - though there are some great ones - but the offices and institutions themselves.

OK I will now get off of my soap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment