Saturday, October 29, 2011

It Gets Better

In no way meant to marginalize the "It Gets Better" official movement, but I'm launching an "It Gets Better" Mom movement.

Those first four weeks ya'll? 

They stunk.

Big time.

Then you sit and think "I think this is stinking and it is something I want so much so I must stink too."

Lack of sleep messes with your mind.  It confuses what is happy and sad.  It f's with your good emotions and turns them into bad ones. 

And you are in your house. 

It takes 45 minutes to even think about going out.

And when you go out you have to plan where to breastfeed, if to breastfeed, if not to breastfeed how much formula to bring, oh yea, does my baby need an official nap, when do babies nap, my baby is only 5 weeks old do I need him on a schedule, let me google schedule, let me google baby napping and BFing in public and should I even be taking my baby out, why is everyone saying that my baby looks like an adult does that mean he isn't attractive, my baby is laid back should I google is there something wrong with him.

Your brain works like that when you aren't sleeping enough.

It is a big run on sentence with googling mixed in.

And then one day it turns.  Your baby?  He likes to sleep. 

And it isn't a bad thing.

You turn the volume down a little on the monitor so you can sleep too, but hear him if he cries.

And he cries less.  And needs to eat less often. 

And you sleep more.

And the run on sentences stop.

At six weeks?  Totes gets better. 

Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment