Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Southside of the Village

Robbie and I took a road trip to South Carolina a couple weeks ago.  Palmetto Baby to the Palmetto State!

Whenever I mention to folks that I drove to SC, the first answer is "Alone?  Really?"

Trust me.  A laid back (knock on wood) eight-week old is the best road trip partner ever.

He just needs to stop to eat and get some clean drawers about every three hours. 

We stopped twice on the way down and once on the way back.

Awesome job Baby Robbie.

We spent about a week in Greenville getting pampered by my parents.  It's amazing how the definition of pampering changes from before you had a baby.  In this case, pampering meant someone-to-hold-and-feed-and-snuggle-and-change-and-bathe-the-baby-named-Grandma-Bookie. 

It just took an amazing amount of pressure off knowing that my Mom was there to keep an extra eye out. 

We spent some time with my Greenville gals, and I think gave Robbie a great intro to the Palmetto State... and then we diverted over to Shawn's hometown Marion for some more snuggles with his Grandma Edwards and everyone in town that came over to meet Robbie.

He met for the first time Aunts Leila, MCB and Ashley... Uncles Steve and Ben...  Mrs. McD... Grammee G... Cousins Jase and Judson... and got lots of Grandma and Grandma snuggles on both sides of the family.

It is impossible to describe the trip in a post other than... we were home.

You've got a great village to help raise you buddy.

We are lucky.








No comments:

Post a Comment