Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Urgent Care

What's a vacation without a little trip to urgent care.

Or two little trips to urgent care.

Between the fun and the fireworks, the pool and the beach, the family games of euchre and the airing of the greivances, Robbie and I still managed a case of pink eye each, an ear infection for him, and a simus infection for me.

Needless to see, we're probably pretty lucky that we've made it 10.5 months without an ear infection, and only Shawn coming down with pink eye, but it did kill a much needed romantical date night with my husband.

One of the things we haven't been so good at is getting out. 

With babysitters running 15-20 bucks an hour, and my bedtime running around 9:30pm, I'm not much of a date these days.  While I miss the wing nights and margaritas on the La Loma patio sans kids, the bottom line is that 90% of the time, I'd rather just take the Robster with us.

Luckily we have great friends who don't mind a 10 month old in tow.  But I have a feeling as we are steaming towards full on toddler, that's apt to change soon.

When we did finally get out to dinner on Thursday, we went to a much less fancy and much more family-friendly restaurant, and I spent half the time thinking "we should've brought Robbie with us". 

I need to learn how to turn off the Mom and turn back on the wife sometimes.  Shawn deserves it.  I need it.  We'll get there.

Robbie?  Just give him some shade and some milk and he's good to go.

1 comment:

  1. pooped babe is pooped.


    Moar about bun in oven plz. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete