Sunday, July 8, 2012

Vacation at Duck - Kitty Hawk

We spent the last week at Duck and had a wonderful time with Bookie (Grandmother), The Grand PooBah (Grandfather), Aunt Emilie, Uncle Kevin and our amazing nieces - Abby and Kate.

We got to go the beach everyday and usually followed that up with a swim in the pool - for once in my life I can brag that no one got sun burned!  Robbie started off the week a little scared of the water in both places (to be fair the ocean was chilly) but was doing great by the end of the week.

Bookie and PooBah were kind enough to watch Robbie so Susann and I could have a date night and we had a great time.  We don't get to do this very much so this night was very much appreciated.

Duck is about ten miles away from Kitty Hawk so we loaded up the cars and took the kids down to see the place where the first powered flight took place.  I got to go to Kitty Hawk when I was five and sat through the same lecture (maybe not exactly but it had to be close , right) about the flight.  I thought that the building that had the mock up of the original airplane was much bigger then and we got some great pictures of Robbie and me in front of the plane.  I had a great childhood and it really pulled at the "Daddy" strings in me to be able to share with Robbie something that my Father shared with me.  I look forward to doing this many, many more times.



No comments:

Post a Comment