Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blocks

OK I will admit it.  One of the great things, and there are many, about having a son is that you get to - to some extent - relive your childhood.  One of my fondest memories as a child was playing with building blocks.

One of the famous "Shawn" stories that my Mother loves to tell is that of the fabled hearth "brix block"space ship that I built when I was 5 or 6.  That thing was 15 feet long and had everything - hangars, fighters, gun batteries - AWESOME.  Of course it all came to brutal end when Mom decided it was time to take it down and removed (crushed is a better word) my dream made real. 

Uncle Joey was kind enough to give Robbie a DUPLO LEGOs set for Christmas and he has taken to them like a duck to water which I have to say I LOVE.  Robbie gets a good 45 minutes a day entertainment out of his building efforts and you can just see the creative wheels turning.

Along these same lines the family Edwards made a weekend visit to the Building Museum with some families from the 'hood.  A wonderful time was had by all.   Giant building blocks, a shadow wall and 100s (only a slight exaggeration) of kids - who could ask for a better time.

Robbie pulled his first collapse-on-the-floor exhaustion at the end.











No comments:

Post a Comment