Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Return of the New Mom Crazy Mind

Last night, between the two kids, I was up six times.  Once for AH, five times for the Robster.

Something is afoot with him, and we need to figure out what.

He is our "EASY" baby.  Mr. mini-Shawn.  Laid BACK.  Nada mucho.  No worry.  No bother.  Feed me.  Change my diaper.  Let me sleep.  We're cool.

We are NOT cool.

We're getting HOLY SCHIZZ WHY ARE YOU STABBING ME WITH A SERRATED BLADE cries at least once a night these days, or in the case of last night?  More.

Is it all the new allergy meds?

Is it the AC we put in his room to cool him down some?

Is it itchy eczema?

Is it the sound of traffic and fire trucks and busses and major street traffic in front of our house?

And oh yea, he's on a hunger strike. 

In the last five days, he's had, at most, a fruit pouch with us.  Or a banana.

Or BATHBATHBATHBATHILOVEBATH.  What is this WATER? 

WATERWATERWATERILOVEWATERSPLASHINGWATER

WATERISEVILWHOINVENTEDWATER

ANDBEDTIME

ANDBATHS

ANDFOOD

No matter what the IT is, there's something afoot.

Some may just call it.  Two.

It's giving me new Mom crazy brain.

I dreamed that I invited a new brand of "Hummus for Men".  Called not Sabra, but Sabro.

I walked to lunch today and the consuming thought the whole way was, "I'm walking lopsided.  Is one of my legs longer than the other?"

So yea.

Crazy "new" Mom brain.

May the next few days bring extended sleep for babies, toddlers, and Moms.



No comments:

Post a Comment