I'll start with the caveat that I am abut 95% sure that Baby Edwards is a baby boy. Babies conceived through IUIs typically are 60% boy to 40% girl due to the boys being faster "swimmers" and everything being so precisely timed. Add on top of that the boy to girl cousin ratio in Shawn's family of over three to one, and I think the odds are tipping that way. Not to mention I just feel like Tad's a boy.
So today, thanks to our friends over at iVillage, we'll take a look at some of the old wives tales predicting a baby boy. I've bolded and italicized those that are "true". Next week, we'll do girls, and the week after that, we'll do the "ring" test"...
- You didn't experience morning sickness in early pregnancy. (Knock on wood, no booting yet!)
- Your baby's heart rate is less than 140 beats per minute. (We're still well over 160, but it is still early)
- You are carrying low.
- You are craving salty or sour foods. (See last post)
- You are craving protein -- meats and cheese. (Cheeseburger anyone?)
- Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy.
- Your hands are very dry.
- Pregnancy has you looking better than ever. (Zits. Ugh! I'll let Shawn answer this one)
- You add your age at the time of conception and the number for the month you conceived and the sum is an even number. (32 plus 12!)
See. Even old wives agree with me!
LFB and Em, you were going to do some research-- what else am I missing??