Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Opinion In South Carolina

We're down in Marion for the Easter weekend... and what very well may be my last time out of DC for the rest of the calendar year. Quite a daunting thought, in fact.

Greenville is just a tad too far for a road trip with the required previa stops and walks around, and unless the doctor changes his mind, it doesn't look like I'll be flying for the rest of the pregnancy.

As I mentioned last week, it has definitely put a damper in our plans to play in the World Series of Poker one more time. I'm not sure I was up for the judgment of being 26 weeks pregnant and playing, unless of course it intimidated the heck out of my mostly male opponents and cause them to be scared of a pregnant lady, therefore letting me win every hand...

Being in Marion has been an experience. As Shawn has mentioned, this is definitely a long-awaited grandchild on his side of the family. As a result, every aunt, uncle and cousin has stopped by for a look-see this weekend. I still don't think I'm really showing, so that just leads to an awkward glance at my belly and a comment about how good I look.

I don't look good.

I look zitty and sleepy and uncomfortable.

I've made two trips to CVS for Tums.

But I certainly appreciate the good karma.

To think that the next time we make this drive, it will likely be with a 2-3 month old... scary and exciting. Life. It's about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment