Monday, July 25, 2011

Braxton-Hicks?

I spent the afternoon googling things like "labor and barometric pressure"

"Early labor and thunderstorms".

"Difference between false and real labor pains"

Needless to say, I was in a little pain this afternoon.

Braxton-Hicks contractions, for those of you who don't know, are basically pre-labor pains.  They are your body getting prepped for real labor, and until today I thought I had them starting about three weeks ago when I had some unexpected bleeding.

Yea.  Those weren't Braxton-Hicks.  TODAY was B-H.  I'm hoping.  From about 2:30-4:30pm, I was getting contractions every 10-12 minutes.  And they HURT. 

So I googled all the things above and decided to stop making myself crazy and just come home and put my feet up.

Now that the pain has gone away, the question has changed: "Braxton-Hicks, or the black beans I had for lunch?"

No comments:

Post a Comment