Friday, November 2, 2012

Biggun

It looks like Newtess aka BE2 is going to be a biggun.

With the hurricane closing everything in DC on Monday and Tuesday, I was able to get my appointment and ultrasound rescheduled for early Wednesday morning. 

My doc wanted to do a growth ultrasound because she thought I might be measuring a little big.  Last time they thought that also, but the growth ultrasound two days before I delivered was only 2 ozs off Robbie's weight.

Well this one?  She's gonna be a biggun if she makes it full term.

Newtess is already measuring 7 lbs, 6 oz, which is just two ounces shy of what Robbie was born weighing.  I was 35 weeks on Wednesday, and babies can gain anywhere from 1/2 lb to a 1 lb a week for the last 4-5 weeks of pregnancy.  A 9 lber I can do.  Much more than that, she'll be bigger than Robster was at his three month appointment!

At the end of the day though, she's still coming via c-section, so size doesn't really matter.

I actually felt better when I heard she was a little bigger because I've been having more contractions and just have a feeling she's going to make her debut before December 3rd.  (Why?  Because it would be terribly inconvenient and mess with all our best laid out plans, and that's just how it works for us).

So here's to a healthy baby somewhere between 7.5 and 11 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment