Friday, May 20, 2011

Enraptured by the Rapture

Growing up Catholic, you don't know the Bible as well as your Protestant brethren.  You know the main stories and characters... the commandments... a few Beatitudes.  But somehow along the way, we usually miss the hellfire and brimstone parts.  Which I guess explains why this week was the first time I'd ever heard of the Rapture.


So I turned to my handy reference tool, wikipedia, and found out that allegedly tomorrow, May 22th, the rapture is happening.  All the good people are taken up to heaven... the rest of us will be left down here to... fend for ourselves?  Vow to change?  I'm not sure what happens next...


Other than a few well placed joke ideas of leaving a couple of old outfits laid out like the person vanished, I'm not sure how to celebrate this event.




Looks like we'll just have to proceed with our brunch plans as they are (we know at least a Beck or two will be left behind also :) ), and continue cleaning out and prepping the nursery. 

If I peace out, by some miracle, can someone make sure that the walls get painted taupe and the crib and changing table get put together sometime in the next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment