Monday, July 18, 2011

Food Nesting

I was chatting with a buddy tonight about the fact that we've gotten a great deal of our pre-baby prep done.  The nursery is set up.  The clothes are washed, folded and sorted by sizes.  The pack-and-play is assembled on the main floor for the first few weeks.  The stroller is put together, and the car seat is ready to go.  We have almost everything we need for Baby Robbie, and will go to the stores this weekend to close out the few things we need on the registries.

What else do we need besides a baby?

Well, for one, we want said baby to try to hold off visiting us for five weeks.

Next stop:  starting to rebuild my list of dinner-in-30-minutes-recipes.

I don't have much freezer space, so I'm not really able to do the cook-ahead thing. And I realize that cooking dinner will be the last thing on my mind for the first few weeks. But I want to use maternity leave to add some more tools to my recipe box. 

So, here's where you come in.  Share your favorite easy recipes with me!  Veggies, proteins, sides, lunches, salads, breakfasts, crockpot... share them all!  My only requirements are that they take a minimum of prep to table time, and use ingredients that I've heard of and can find in my neighborhood grocery store!

HALP!

2 comments:

  1. I made Ina Garten's weeknight bolognese Friday night and it was delicious, quick, and easy! Google it to find recipe. Also I've just discovered the easy trick of browning portions of ground beef or turkey ahead of time and freezing them. Then you can just throw in the taco seasoning or tomato sauce or whatever it is you wanna make. Oh also quiches are an easy meal esp if you chop and freeze veggies ahead of time. Hope that helps! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falafel! Sounds hard, but really it takes 15 minutes from prep to table. It's our favorite and I'm planning on entering it into a contest.

    Soups - I have lots if you want - they are also such easy end of the week throw everything in a pot meals.

    Pizza - So easy buy the frozen crust put lots of veggies on it. 5 minutes prep 17 minutes in the oven.

    Kabobs in the oven - Chicken/beef + Veggies = easy

    Roast Chicken with potatoes and carrots and others in one pan in the oven prep time maybe like 10 minutes but it does cook for an hour... that's a little more time.

    Crock pot:
    Chicken thighs BBQ Style
    Pot roast - all you make is egg noodles and veg at the end of the day
    ribs in the Crock
    whole chicken in the crock


    hmmmm I have to think some more. If you want specifics I will give!!

    ReplyDelete