Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pregnancy Update... 35 Weeks

It has been 4 weeks since I posted by last pregnancy 101... or how's it really going now that the heat index is supposed to hit 115 on Friday?
 
I'm 35 weeks pregnant today, which marks the time that I start going to weekly appointments (like a normal pregnant woman!).  Because of some previous concerns, I do get one more ultrasound, so hopefully by next Thursday we'll have some idea on how big (or small) Robbie is in there. 
 
As of today's appointment lots of the "June problems" are officially gone!  My blood pressure is normal.  I'm no longer losing weight (although not gaining it).  My uterus isn't measuring 18 months pregnant.  And the previa has moved!  No more mandatory c-section!

Baby is head down.  Cha cha is doing what it is supposed to.
 
We had a little "concern" last Sunday after my baby shower where I had some cramping and bleeding, but everything seems to have stabilized on that front.  My mom was still in town and I didn't want her to get worried, so I waited until Monday to call the doctor.  They did another ultrasound and the baby is looking and acting how he is supposed to.  I am now, however, on alert for any other signs of early labor.  I need my maternity leave perfect scenario to work out.  Hang on until at least August 19th baby!!
 
So on to updating the meme from the June 23rd post where I was 31 weeks.

How Far Along Are You? 35 weeks pregnant today!

How Big is the Baby? Robbie is now the length of that 17 inch computer screen you are looking at, and might be as long as that 20 inch computer screen your hubs has to play his games on.  And he's kind of laying across my belly, so you can tell his exact position if you look closely enough.  He should weigh about 5.5 pounds by now.  I think all 5.5 pounds are head-butting my bladder as we speak.

Maternity Clothes? I still haven't worn anything that is maternity, but I am starting to see some of my normal clothes get tight.  Baby E is sitting kind of high, so it is mostly my shirts that are getting short.  Nothing that can't be solved by wearing a long camisole under my shirt.  I am down to about 6 outfits in my "its hot and this is comfortable" rotation.  I don't think I'm going to add any more.  I have one suit that should make it through the pregnancy, or at least until Congress comes to a debt ceiling deal and goes on summer recess.
 
How are you Sleeping? Rough question for today.  We've had to be at work at 6am the last two days, so our schedules are a little off.  I sleep well from 10:00-11:30.  11:30-1:00.  1:00-2:30.  And so on.  Last night I was wide awake from 3:15-4:30 just counting the time coming off the clock.  I'm also having crazy and vivid dreams that make my sleep a little fitful.

Strangest Moment of the Week? Robbie is a prolific hiccuper.  In the morning.  After lunch.  At 3am.  Hence the 3:15-4:30 moments this morning.  He is getting on a "schedule" of sorts.  Or at least responding after meals or juice.  He's usually awake from 7-845am, 945-11, after lunch for awhile, and again in the evening from about 630-8.  Now.... he sleeps and so shall I.

Food: Good or Bad? I can eat.  That's an improvement.  But as things are getting squished in there, I get full a lot quicker.  Or I don't realize I'm full until about 30 minutes after I finish eating, and then I am miserable for a couple hours. 
 
Edamame is still delicious.  I've been craving sushi and Greek food.  I made the mistake of eating a peanut butter and pineapple sandwich a couple weeks ago.
 
I am craving Diet Coke BIG TIME.  And not having more than one a day, but I still feel guilty about.  The baby's heart rate was over 170 at this morning's appointment and I had a pang of diet coke guilt over that.  (Go ahead.  Judge me)

Do I miss having a cocktail? After days like today I work, I miss the OPTION of a cocktail.
 
What's Next? Baby room is pretty much together. We only need a couple of small things, and we are ready to go.  This weekend is for buying a car and getting blinds in the window of the baby's room. We definitely don't need any more clothes! 

What are you Nervous About? Going into labor early.  I shouldn't have googled some of the innocuous things my doctor said during this morning's appointment.    This may change as the heat rises, but I really want this baby to come on time.   Not early.  Not late.  Nice and on time.

1 comment:

  1. wahoo! Car weekend!

    Funny hiccuping babies, I never realized they could hiccup. I have to go do some googling. I read an interesting article on NPR about babies coming early and scheduling your dates and things like that. So I hope he doesn't come Early! Late is better than early for sure!

    ReplyDelete