Thursday, August 4, 2011

Work "Nesting"

If there is such a thing as nesting at work, I am doing it. 

My awesome intern commented this afternoon that I've been cranking out the work this week.  And I (humbly?) would tend to agree.

I've got strategy and workflow documents laid up for all my large clients.  I've nailed down next steps and 3-6 month plans with those that are taking over my accounts when I'm out.  And I've planned my first business trip for when I return in January. 

It all culminated today with a 4 hour meeting with my favorite (but most demanding) client to create a strategic plan for the next year of our contract.  I have worked towards this meeting for weeks now.  And its done.

And I'm exhausted. 

And relieved.

And exhausted.

(And back on having to record my blood pressure three times today after my blood work from yesterday not coming back great.  I'm on pre-eclampsia watch now.  Big time.  If you hear me complaining about a headache, nausea, swelling, or general malaise-  tell me to stop being a stubborn idiot and call the doctor)

1 comment: